The United States throws away an average of 133 billion pounds of food every year...An estimated $161.6 billion - USDA.gov
Over 97% of food waste generated ends up in the landfill. Environmental Protection Agency
Many New England municipalities limit the amount of waste businesses can dump in landfills. And that list is growing rapidly. Non-compliance can result in hefty fines.
"A MassDEP ban on disposal of commercial organic wastes by businesses and institutions that dispose of one ton or more of these materials per week took effect on October 1, 2014. By diverting food wastes from disposal to composting, conversion, recycling or reuse, you can not only cut waste management costs, but potentially save money on purchasing, too." Source - Mass.gov
NORTHEAST WASTE SYSTEMS offers customized waste disposal solutions that are environmentally conscious and fiscally lucrative.
NEWS provides the service, expertise, and supplies to reduce a facility's waste footprint, by improving sorting techniques with customized disposal receptacles, digesting organic material on-site, utilizing a cloud-based interface that monitors waste disposal trends and savings in real time, plus numerous compostable, serving, packaging and traditional disposal options.
BioHiTech is using technology to open new opportunities in an industry that has gone unchanged for almost 50 years. BioHiTech offers customers a more cost-effective and technologically innovative solution compared to traditional disposal. This approach will help reduce the generation of waste as well as reduce costs and increase recycling rates.
Case Study from Hackensack University Medical Center
Hackensack University Medical Center is diverting more than a quarter of a million pounds of food waste from local landfills and has cut their food waste disposal budget by 50% with the Eco-Safe Digester
Tournus Equipment Shelving Demonstration
Lightweight, modular, and customizable. Tournus shelving are the perfect solution to wasted space in and around you kitchen, dishwashing, and waste areas.
Erica from "A Little Insanity" uses her Excalibur dehydrator to make natural fruit chips.
$1999.99 for 1st year (effective on day of equipment install)
- - Weekly visits to include onsite training
- - Cloud data implementation
- - Weekly machine inspections, ensuring proper function
- - Bi-weekly visits for employee training follow up
- - Machine optimization adjustments
- - Cloud data review with management
- - The monthly SRVC+ plan takes effect
Monthly Service Visits = $1699.00/year (effective on day of signature)
- - Tighten loose screws, hose clamps
- - Check/grease bearings/chain
- - Top off deodorizer tank
I. VISUAL EXTERNAL INSPECTION OF ENTIRE UNIT
- - Look for foreign debris/ report findings/ remove if able
- - Inspect paddle blades for wear
- - Inspect water and deodorizer jets/ clean or replace
II. VISUAL INSPECTION OF DRUM/INTERNAL
- - Inspect touchscreen area
- - Cycle thru analytics/evaluate and report if information can be added
- - Our technicians will review your data & notify of any abnormal trends
- - We will work with your managers to develop a plan for true “waste reduction,” monitoring the data for you so you don’t have to!
- - Supply monthly summary reporting to show your facility’s performance
- IV. CLEAN MACHINE AND WIPE DOWN
V. CLOUD DATA MAINTENANCE